长沙桑拿,长沙夜网,长沙桑拿按摩

Powered by Banzhen!

Archive for August, 2019

24 August
Comments Off on How to properly secure your child’s car seat this winter

How to properly secure your child’s car seat this winter

Winter months are quickly approaching and making sure your child is safely secured in their car seat can be tricky.

With the amount of winter clothing needed to keep children warm, the thick layers can reduce the effectiveness of a child’s car seat.

“The extra bulky layers do not allow the harness to be tightened against the child’s body,” Elizabeth Vargas, car seat specialist, said. “That’s really the reason you have a car seat is to make sure they’re safe and buckled in properly.”

ChangSha Night Net

Related

  • Motorists invited to car seat clinic for kids safety

    Don’t use Baby Car Seat Carrier Safety Belts, Health Canada warns

    Car seat safety tips

    A puffy jacket can leave a space between the harness and the child, she says.

    “That space is what allows them to potentially pop-out of the car seat,” Vargas said.

    Vargas recommends a two-piece snowsuit as it’s easier to manipulate with the harness of the car seat.

    “You can undo the jacket once the child is in,” Vargas said. “Do up the harness and tighten it as close to the body as possible and then zip [the jacket] up over the harness.”

    To test how much space is left between the harness and a child when they are wearing their winter jacket, Vargas suggests you tighten the harness on the child while they are wearing their jacket then unbuckle the harness and remove the child’s jacket. Fasten the harness again and you’ll be able to notice the amount of space left over.

24 August
Comments Off on Heavy rain causes flooding, watershed warning in Toronto

Heavy rain causes flooding, watershed warning in Toronto

A number of roads and intersections in Toronto are experiencing high levels of water and flooding due to the heavy rain Thursday morning.

Toronto police say the intersection of Spadina Avenue is closed at St. Clair Avenue West due to flooding as well as northbound Allen Road just north of Eglinton Avenue.

An advisory has also been issued for the Don Valley Parkway and the Gardiner Expressway due to “ponding of water.”

The Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) issued a watershed statement Thursday morning warning the public to stay away from streams and rivers.

“All rivers and streams within the GTA should be considered dangerous due to the slippery river banks and higher water levels and flows,” TRCA said. “Areas of the watershed have received up to 15mm of rain yesterday and overnight with a possible 10mm still in the forecast.”

The conservation authority said the watershed statement will be in effect until Friday.

ChangSha Night Net

24 August
Comments Off on Toronto home sales stay hot in October despite soaring prices: TREB

Toronto home sales stay hot in October despite soaring prices: TREB

TORONTO —; Home sales in the Greater Toronto Area hit a record high last month even as prices continued to soar, the Toronto Real Estate Board said Thursday.

There were 9,768 properties sold in October, up 11.5 per cent from the same month last year, the board said. That came as the average selling price for all types of homes rose to $762,975, a 21.1 per cent increase from a year ago.

ChangSha Night Net

“The record pace of GTA home sales continued in October, with strong growth observed throughout the month,” Toronto Real Estate Board president Larry Cerqua said in a statement.

READ MORE: Toronto real estate prices continue to soar, while suburbs work to catch up: report

The growth in home sales and prices came the same month Finance Minister Bill Morneau announced stricter rules for mortgage lenders and foreign buyers in an effort to stabilize hot housing markets such as Toronto.

The new measures require a stress test for all insured mortgage applications to ensure borrowers can still repay their loans in the event interest rates rise or their personal financial situations change.

Until now, stress tests were not required for fixed-rate mortgages longer than five years.

READ MORE: CMHC issues ‘red’ warning for Canada’s housing market

“As we move through November and December, we will be watching the sales and listings trends closely, in light of the recent policy changes announced by the federal minister of finance,” Cerqua said.

The record-high sales were in contrast to Vancouver, where home sales dropped 38.8 per cent last month compared with a year ago, according to the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.

READ MORE: Homeowners cashing out of hot housing markets

Board president Dan Morrison said government interventions were partly behind the decline.

In August, the B.C. government implemented a 15 per cent tax on foreigners buying homes in Metro Vancouver.

24 August
Comments Off on Brexit: British government must get parliamentary approval to exit EU

Brexit: British government must get parliamentary approval to exit EU

LONDON – In a major blow for Britain’s government, the High Court ruled Thursday that the prime minister can’t trigger the U.K.’s exit from the European Union without approval from Parliament.

The government said it would appeal the ruling to the Supreme Court.

ChangSha Night Net

Britons voted in June by a margin of 52 to 48 per cent to leave the European Union, a process known as Brexit. Several claimants challenged the plans for Brexit in a case with major constitutional implications, hinging on the balance of power between Parliament and the government.

READ MORE: Boris Johnson’s anti-Brexit column published for 1st time

Prime Minister Theresa May has said she will launch exit negotiations with the EU by March 31. She is relying on a power called the royal prerogative that lets the government withdraw from international treaties.

Claimants argue that leaving the EU will remove rights, including free movement within the bloc, and say that can’t be done without Parliament’s approval.

Three senior judges ruled that “the government does not have the power under the Crown’s prerogative” to start EU exit talks.

“The government is disappointed by the court’s judgment. The country voted to leave the European Union in a referendum approved by acts of parliament. The government is determined to respect the result of the referendum,” trade minister Liam Fox told parliament Thursday.

“This judgment raises important and complex matter of law and it is right that we consider it carefully before deciding how to proceed.”

The British government said in a statement that Britons voted to leave the bloc in a referendum approved by an Act of Parliament, “and the government is determined to respect the result of the referendum.”

WATCH: Market analyst says British pound falling in response to ‘hard Brexit’ pledge

The Supreme Court has set aside time to hear the appeal before the end of the year.

The case is considered the most important constitutional matter in a generation.

Underscoring the importance of the case, May put Attorney General Jeremy Wright in charge of the legal team fighting the claim. Wright argued that the lawsuit is an attempt to put a legal obstacle in the way of enacting the result of the June 23 referendum to leave the EU.

May wants to use royal prerogative, historic powers officially held by the queen, to trigger Article 50 of the EU’s treaty, which starts two years of talks before Britain’s departure from the EU. The powers, which have in reality passed to politicians, enable decisions to be made without a vote of Parliament and cover matters as grave as declaring war or as basic as issuing passports.

READ MORE: EU chief vows no compromise for UK after Brexit decision

Historically, royal prerogative has also applied to foreign affairs and the negotiation of treaties.

Financial entrepreneur Gina Miller, a lead claimant in the case, said the result “is about all of us … It’s about our United Kingdom and all our futures.”

She backed the losing “remain” side in the EU referendum, but has said the lawsuit is not an attempt to stop Brexit – just to ensure that Parliament is sovereign.

She said shortly before the government announced it would appeal the ruling that she hoped it “will make the wise decision of not appealing but pressing forward and having a proper debate in our sovereign Parliament.”

The government said it plans to appeal the court ruling.

24 August
Comments Off on ISIS leader al-Baghdadi appears to call for attacks on Canada in new audio recording

ISIS leader al-Baghdadi appears to call for attacks on Canada in new audio recording

The leader of the Islamic State group has called for attacks on Canada and other Western countries in a new audio recording, the first attributed to him in nearly a year.

ChangSha Night Net

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi urged the group’s followers to respond to recent defeats by carrying out bombings, stabbings and vehicular attacks in his purported 55-minute speech titled “Give Glad Tidings to the Steadfast,” which was published by the group’s media wing on Wednesday.

“For the Mujahideen (holy warriors) the scale of victory or defeat is not dependent on a city or town being stolen or subject to that who has aerial superiority, intercontinental missiles or smart bombs,” al-Baghdadi said in the Arabic recording.

READ MORE:
Online-inspired extremists are ‘the greatest terrorist threat,’ declassified CSIS document says

The Islamic State, which until last year controlled large swathes of Syria and Iraq, has since been driven into the desert by successive defeats in offensives by international allies in both countries.

But al-Baghdadi called on fighters to “trust in God’s promise and His victory,” stating that “with hardship comes relief and a way out.”

WATCH: Islamic State kills dozens of people in southwest Syria

He also suggested that the group was behind recent attacks in Canada and Europe, and congratulated who he described as the “striking lions” who carried them out.

ISIS previously claimed responsibility for the July 22 shooting on Toronto’s Danforth Avenue, which left two dead and 13 wounded. Canadian police said they haven’t found any evidence to suggest a terror link in the mass shooting.

READ MORE: Anti-Islam protester thrown into fountain at Danforth shooting memorial in Toronto

The group first called for terrorist attacks in Canada in September 2014, in a statement by spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani.

The following month, Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was killed in a shooting on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, while warrant officer Patrice Vincent died from injuries sustained in a vehicle ramming attack in Saint-Jean-sur-Richeliu, Que.

WATCH: Canadians targeted overseas in operation against ISIS

In the Wednesday recording, al-Baghdadi urged Islamic State supporters to “carry out the kind of strikes that terrorize the hearts and send the brains flying,” encouraging them to use guns, knives and bombs while reminding them to “not ignore running over people on the roads,” according to a translation by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

He also instructed Islamic State fighters around the world — from Somalia, Libya and Yemen to Kashmir and the Caucasus  to focus on their battles rather than quarrel over leadership.

Also in his crosshairs were the governments of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Jordan, with al-Baghdadi calling on the citizens of those countries to rise up and overthrow their rulers.

WATCH: Saudi TV falsely accuses Canada of ‘freedom of opinion’ arrests

A-Baghdadi also used the recording to congratulate Muslims on the occasion of the Islamic holiday of Eid-al-Adha, and mentioned recent events including U.S. tariffs on Turkey and the row between Istanbul and Washington over the release of imprisoned pastor Andrew Brunson.

He also addressed Russia, North Korea and Iran pushing back against U.S. sanctions, which he said was “an intended expression of disrespect based on what they observe as [American] weakness,” according to the MEMRI translation.

READ MORE: U.S. set deadline for Turkey to release pastor, says Turkish president

The timing of those events means that reports of al-Baghdadi’s death would be disproven if the voice on the recording is confirmed to be his.

The reclusive cleric has frequently been reported killed since 2014, when he declared himself the leader of all Muslims after the Islamic State’s capture of the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.

In May last year, the Russian military said it was looking into whether he was killed in an airstrike targeting a meeting of top Islamic State figures near Raqqa, the Syrian city that the Islamic State claimed as its capital.

However, Russia admitted it was unable to confirm al-Baghdadi’s death.

WATCH: Russia verifying whether it killed Islamic State leader al-Baghdadi in airstrike

The Iraq-born extremist leader hasn’t been seen in public since a 2014 speech in Mosul, but is believed to be hiding in the Iraqi-Syrian border region after losing all the cities and towns of his self-proclaimed caliphate.

His son was killed by Russian airstrikes in Syria in July according to the Islamic State’s news channel.

READ MORE: Son of Islamic State leader al-Baghdadi killed in Syria, according to IS news channel

Wednesday’s recording was al-Baghdadi’s first since Sept. 28, 2017.

Its title appears to be borrowed from a verse in the Qur’an which states that the Prophet Muhammad “gives glad tidings” to those who persevere in the face of difficulties, according to the book An Enlightening Commentary into the Light of the Holy Qur’an.

— With files from Reuters

Follow @Kalvapalle